What To Ask A Custom Home Builder
There are many decisions to make when building a home. One of the most crucial is selecting a builder. Your builder’s relationship sets the tone for your building experience. Here is a detailed guide on what to ask a home builder when choosing a new builder. This includes an explanation of the characteristics that make a good builder and a list of questions to ask each potential builder. Never be afraid to ask your builder questions (or potential builders) questions. Ask any and all questions you have. Here are 15 questions that will get you started. You might be able to think of more.
- What percentage of your homes are completed on time? Is there a realistic timeline for my home’s completion?
- Are you surprised at how many homes cost more than your budget? How about if you have a budget to spare?
- Could you provide me with references from past clients? Get references from past clients to see if they are satisfied with the builder’s service and the finished home.
- What floor plan options are available? What level of customization is possible?
- Are you able to design custom floor plans?
- How does your design/build process look?
- Do you have similar homes?
- Which level of finishes are you including in your quote?
- How do you calculate the final price for my home? What is included?
- What are your options for compensation?
- What are your options for handling changes and upgrades during construction?
- Who will be responsible for supervising our project? What is the frequency he/she will be present on-site?
- Can you offer assistance in selecting finishes? Are there any other options?
- Are you insured and licensed?
- Is there a warranty program available?
What sets us apart from our competition? Our ability to manage the project from start to finish, making sure the work is done right, and on time. It’s the experience that we have that allows us to put together the team that will come through on time and on budget. Our decades of experience in new build construction allows us to facilitate project management from conception to completion.
Get in touch with us today to learn more.
More Articles To Explore