About Adkins Construction
We specialize in construction management for residential and commercial construction projects along the Southwest Coast. Our construction projects consist of new builds, remodels and renovations. We take pride in encouraging and advocating for sustainable and Green building practices where applicable.
Our commitment to quality building practices, uncompromising ethics and financial transparency allows our clients know they can rely upon us to complete their construction projects on time and on budget. Additionally, our highly personalized construction options and wide range of prices cater to every project budget, so you’re sure to find the construction solutions your project demands.
Meet Our Team
James P. Adkins
President and CEO
22 years in commercial, industrial, and residential construction roles solving a broad array of building, construction and real time application challenges.
Bachelor of Science - Uniiversity of Kentuck
Licensed Real Estate Broker (BK3213586)
Florida State Certified General Contractor (CGC1528214)
Florida Realtor, Business Broker of Florida Adkins Florida Realty LLC
Melvin ‘JR’ Schoch Jr.
Vice President / COO
Melvin has over 20 years of residential and commercial construction experience. he is an expert in interior fit and finish and offers our clients a broad range of commercial and residential construction management abilities. Proactive and intelligent, Melvin is a skilled communicator and as Adkins’ COO often serves as the lead problem solver.
Associates Degree Applied Science – Law Enforcement Technology
OSHA Certification Mold Remediation
Michelle Tourjee, CFO of Adkins Building and Construction. Owner of the local CPA firm Coastal Professional Accounting. In 2019, I was featured in CPA Today magazine for being an emerging young leader at the forefront of the accounting industry.
Certified Public Accountant
A veteran of the United States Air Force
Dedicated to her work and family
Bachelor of Architecture - The University of Notre Dame
Associate AIA (30439337)
Assistant Project Manager
History(2015 – 2018)
Admin Assistant for Flooring Contractor
Customer Service, Assisting with Design, scheduling appointments, ordering material, scheduling installers, estimating Social Media Marketing for the company
(2018 – 2020)
Operations Specialist for a Construction Recruitment Company
Recruited tradesmen for multi-million dollar commercial projects and residential projects
Responsible for all administrative tasks and documentation for Hiring and payroll
(2020 – 2021)
Recruited as an Operations Manager for a Carpentry contractor
Assisted in building an administrative foundation for the company, implementing payroll processes, material ordering, scheduling, and overseeing projects progression
(2021 – 2022)
Project Manager Assistant
Assisting on the high-end remodels in Siesta Key, Bird Key, Longboat Key From administrative work, contracts, budgeting, scheduling, ordering material, and client communication.
(2022 – Present)
Assistant Project manager for Adkins Building & Construction
Managing all project files, and material selections Gant scheduling with the lead project manager, and assisting when needed with field updates per Jobsite
(2022 – Present)
- 6 years total assisting, coordinating, and executing in the commercial and residential construction.
- Task tracking with subcontractors for quality work on every job site.
- Assists Project Manager with all field management needed.
- Daily logs all field work for active job sites, ensuring that all sites are organized and quality controlled
- Main contact for material delivery orders, making sure materials are provided and on schedule for each job
(2018 – 2021)
- Moved to Walmark Inc has the lead foreman
- Responsibilities as the lead foreman consisted of effectively managing 30man groups of framers, making sure they complete each job on schedule
- Made sure material orders were delivered on time
- As the lead foreman, he was also in charge of the framing layout, making sure that all layouts are according to plans
(2016 – 2018)
- Started commercial construction in 2016 with Walden LLC
- 4 years of hands-on experience as a commercial framer.
- Projects ranged from small businesses to franchised restaurants and retail stores.
- Main responsibility as the lead framer was leading the team to complete every job with attention to detail, team consisted typically of 5 people